Heather Glen Golf Course
Heather Glen Golf Course earned its first national ranking in 1987 by Golf Digest as America’s #1 New Public Course. Since that revered award was bestowed, the course has been accordingly recognized. In particular it has gathered many other recognitions among the South Carolina courses.
Additionally is has been recognized among the country’s best golf courses throughout the years since. It was named to the Top 50 Public Courses in America in 1990. Following that award, it was then named to as a Top 5 Courses in South Carolina in 1995. Subsequently it was awarded 4.5 Stars in Golf Digest’s Places to Play readers’ choice poll in 2002. Heather Glens’ award winning tradition is as historic as it’s 19th century Scottish design.
Heather Glen Golf Course
If you’ve never visited this championship Myrtle Beach golf course before, you’ll especially find its 27 totally distinctive. Each of the golf holes are far more beautiful in their maturity and their truly spectacular setting. The impressive period-style traditional Scottish clubhouse will draw your immediate attention when you enter the grounds.
Notably a native background of graceful oaks, towering pines, freshwater ponds and meandering streams all great visitors. In fact Heather Glen Golf Course was assuredly crafted by design to pay tribute to Scotland and Ireland — you’ll find this apparent in its links-like embrace.
To begin your own world tour of golf in Myrtle Beach, consider booking Heather Glen Golf Course today.
- A Golf World-among the top 30 of South Carolina’s more than 300 golf courses (2009, 2010)
- Golf Digest-Village at the Glens recognized as one of the best values for accommodations in Myrtle Beach (2008)
- From GolfSyles-one of the “100 Must-Play Courses Of The Carolinas” (2006)
- Golf Digest-one of the “Top 50 Courses Of Myrtle Beach” (2005)
- Mentioned in Golf Digest “Places To Play”-rated 4 stars (2005)
- Golf Digest-rated one of the “Top 5 Golf Courses in South Carolina” (1995)
- From Golf Digest-rated one of the “Top 50 Public Courses In America” (1990)
- Golf Digest-“America’s #1 Public Golf Course” (1987)
Call our Golf Director at 888-999-9520 or email him at [email protected]
Contact the Course
1-800-868-4536 (toll free)
4650 Heather Glen Way
Little River, SC 29566
Par: 3 Nines (36 Each)
Slope: Back Tees: (138), Mens Tees: (132)
Distance: Back Tees: (6822), Mens Tees: (6381)
Designer: Willard Byrd (1987)
Greens: Tif Dwarf Bermuda
“What a great 27 hole course. I could not pick a favorite nine. They were all terrific!”
Sean, Holyoke, MA, 12/1/11